Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 5 medium broccoli crowns (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 2 tsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Vata Churna Calming Spice Mix
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2¼ cups water
- 2 ribs celery (chopped bite size)
- 7 oz. vegetable broth
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly fry the Organic Vata Churna in ghee in a small saucepan and add the rice and water.
- Boil rice, covered tightly for five minutes in the water. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish as the first layer.
- Add chopped celery and broccoli and pour the vegetable broth over the top. Cover and bake at 400° F for 25 minutes.
- When done, remove cover and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Dennis Boatright