Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 5 medium Broccoli Crowns (Chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 1 Tbl. ghee
- 2 tsp. Maharishi Ayruveda Vata Churna
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 ribs celery (chopped bite size)
- 7 oz. vegetable broth
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Lightly fry the Vata churna in ghee in a small saucepan and add the rice and water.
- Boil rice, covered tightly for five minutes in the water. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish as the first layer.
- Add chopped celery and broccoli and pour the vegetable broth over the top. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- When done, remove cover and season with salt and pepper.
Recipes by Dennis Boatright