Basmati Rice Pilaf with Dried Fruit
- 3 Tbsp. ghee
- 4 celery stalks (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 3¼ cups water
- 2 tsps. Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Pitta Churna
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ dried apricots (chopped)
- ½ cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan and add the Organic Pitta Churna.
- Fry lightly and add the rice. Stir continuously and coat the rice in the spices for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add chopped celery, salt and water. Bring to a rollicking boil and add all the dried fruit to the mixture.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover tightly for 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, remove from heat and stir in the pecan pieces and the fresh ground pepper to taste.