Baked Delicata Squash
Serves 4 as a side dish
This lovely vegetable is a winter squash that is conveniently found this time of year. Look for the enticing green and gold striations that flank its ridges. The raw vegetable makes a beautiful addition to a centerpiece based on a fall theme.
- 2 large delicata squash, eight to ten inches in length, split lengthwise and seeds and pulp removed with a spoon
- ¼ cup ghee with garlic and rosemary
- 2 tsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Kapha Churna
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, bake the prepared squash, covered, cut side down in ¼ inch of water for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Insert a sharp knife into the back of one of the halves to check for tenderness. Leave covered while preparing the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, add the ghee and bring to a high heat. Add the golden raisins and Kapha Churna, and salt to taste.
- Stir the ingredients together well until the aroma of spices is released, for about one minute. Remove from the stove and lay the squash halves upright so that the cavity is exposed on each half.
- With a teaspoon, divide the sauce equally between the squash and lightly blend. Then take several pinches of brown sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Serve immediately, while hot. Enjoy!