Baked Delicata Squash
Serves 4 as a side dish
This lovely vegetable is a winter squash that is conveniently found this time of year. Look for the enticing green and gold striations that flank its ridges. The raw vegetable makes a beautiful addition to a centerpiece based on a fall theme.
- 2 large delicata squash, eight to ten inches in length, split lengthwise and seeds and pulp removed with a spoon.
- ¼ cup of ghee with garlic and rosemary
- 2 tsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Kapha Churna
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, bake the prepared squash, covered, cut side down in ¼ inch of water for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Insert a sharp knife into the back of one of the halves to check for tenderness.
- Leave covered while preparing the sauce. In a small saucepan, add the ghee and bring to a high heat.
- Add the golden raisins and Organic Kapha Churna, and salt to taste.
- Stir the ingredients together well until the aroma of spices is released, for about one minute.
- Remove from the stove and lay the squash halves upright so that the cavity is exposed on each half.
- With a teaspoon, divide the sauce equally between the squash and lightly blend. Then take several pinches of brown sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Serve immediately, while hot.