Yellow Split Peas with Wild Rice
Serves 4-6 as a main dish
This satisfying, warm dish may be prepared on the stovetop with variations in the amount of water. However, we offer here the quicker, more immediate method of pressure cooking.
- 7 cups water
- ½ cup dry wild rice
- 1½ cups dry split peas
- 1 Tbsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Churna
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. salt
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients except the cilantro and Parmesan.
- Lock lid in place and bring to a high pressure. Reduce and continue to pressurize on medium pressure for 30 minutes, keeping the cooking steady.
- After cooking is finished, reduce pressure and place in a large bowl. The mixture will be a kind of thick soup. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of Parmesan and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro for each bowl served. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Dennis Boatright