- 1 cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup shelled green peas
- ½ cup green beans, strung and diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 teaspoon Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Pitta Churna
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice for 15 minutes. Heat the ghee and fry the ginger.
- Add the Organic Pitta Churna and fry for about ½ minute on low heat.
- Add the raw rice and sauté for several minutes until it is well coated with the ghee and spices.
- Now add the vegetables and fry for several more minutes. Add the water, bay leaf, and cardamom.
- Stir again and then bring water to a boil. Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the rice has absorbed the water.
- Add salt to taste. Place rice in a serving bowl and sprinkle lime juice over it. Garnish with cilantro leaves.