Quinoa with Raisins
by Mosarene Scalzer
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup quinoa (try red, white, or a mixture of the two for a festive look)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Heat the ghee in a two-quart cooking pan.
- Roast the fennel seeds and raisins in the ghee until the raisins start to look slightly golden.
- Add the quinoa and sauté seeds over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to simmer and cover pan with a lid.
- Cook until the water is gone, about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the subtle combination of sweet and salty — and the added protein found in this ancient grain.