Peas and Potato Curry
Vegetarian Cooking for Lifelong Health the Ayurveda Way
from Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
- ¼ cup ghee
- Pinch of hing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 cup peas
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pot.
- Add the hing, ginger, and cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water, turmeric, fenugreek, peas, and a sprinkling of salt.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Adjust the salt.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve over rice or Indian flatbread.