Lemon-Scented Couscous Mediterraneo
from Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ghee with lemon, dill and thyme
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes (preferably not oil-packed)
- 1 cup green beans cut into ½" pieces
- ⅓ cup toasted almonds or pistachios
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata or black olives
- Bring the broth and salt to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a 1½ quart saucepan. Add the couscous and sauté for 2 minutes on a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the broth into the couscous. Add the green beans and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir, cover, and simmer on a low heat until all the broth is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5–10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for a minute or two to complete the cooking process.
- Fold in the nuts, parsley and olives.