Basmati Rice with Corn and Coconut Milk Sauce
Cream of coconut is a delicious alternative to dairy milk or cream in sauces.
- 1 cup coconut milk (combine cream of coconut with a little water to obtain thick coconut milk)
- ½ tsp. crushed fresh ginger
- ½ mild green chili, seeded and sliced (if trying to balance Kapha)
- ½ cup fresh organic corn
- ½ tsp. brown mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add asafetida and brown mustard seeds.
- As soon as the mustard seeds start popping, add the green chili, ginger and corn and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until corn is tender.
- Add the chopped cilantro, season and stir. Serve over cooked basmati rice with lemon wedges for garnish.