Makes 3 individual pizzas
by Kumuda Reddy, M.D. and Linda Egenes
- 6 organic, whole-wheat flour tortillas or chapattis
- 2 cups freshly-made pesto sauce, or fresh pizza sauce, or 1 jar of organic pizza sauce or pesto
- ¾ cup broccoli florets
- ½ lb. organic tofu
- 1½ cups fresh organic mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup olives
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Oregano to garnish
- Steam broccoli and tofu until tender and salt to taste. Blend in blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate fry pan, dry roast the whole-wheat tortillas about 40 seconds on each side over a medium heat.
- Make fresh pizza sauce with the spices. Set aside.
- Place three tortillas on a baking pan. Spread a thin layer of cheese over each tortilla and then place another tortilla on top.
- This makes a thicker crust and makes it easier to eat. Brush the top tortilla with olive oil. Then spread a layer of pizza sauce.
- Next comes the tofu mixture. Spread a thin layer of it over the sauce. Spread the cheese over the tofu mixture. Garnish with olives and a pinch of oregano.
- Place in a 350 ˚F preheated oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipes excerpted with permission from the book Super Healthy Kids: A Parent's Guide to Maharishi Ayurveda by Kumuda Reddy, M.D., and Linda Egenes.