Makes 16 three-inch pancakes
These pancakes are made with a crepe batter which is softer and more moist than regular pancake batter. They are also sweeter because of the apples, so they don't require any topping and can be eaten by themselves.
- 1½ cups unbleached white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⅓ tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- Pinch of cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1½ cups plain soy milk
- 3 sweet apples
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add ghee and soy milk and mix into a smooth, thick batter with a mixer or a whisk.
- Peel and core apples and grate on a medium-size grater. Stir grated apples into the batter.
- Place a skillet on medium heat. Lightly coat with ghee. Pour ⅓ cup of batter onto the skillet. Pour 3 or 4 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your skillet.
- When the sides of the pancakes start to turn hard, flip them over with a spatula. Cook both sides to a golden brown.