Kheer (Rice Pudding)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 4 cups whole organic milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons cashews or pistachios (unshelled)
- 3 small pieces green cardamom, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave syrup (or to taste)
- Toasted coconut or Organic Rose Petal Spread
- Rinse the rice and soak in water for 2 hours. Boil milk. Drain the rice and add to milk with all other ingredients.
- Boil slowly for 30 minutes or more until the mixture reaches a slightly thick consistency, but you can stir it easily.
- It will thicken a little more when you let it cool.
- Garnish with toasted coconut or Organic Rose Petal Spread for added sweetness and Pitta pacification.