Kheer (Rice Pudding)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 4 cups whole organic milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped dates
- 2 teaspoon cashews or pistachios (unshelled)
- 3 small pieces green cardamom, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave syrup (or to taste)
- Toasted coconut or Rose Petal Spread
- Soak rice in water for 2 hours. Boil milk. Add basmati rice and all other ingredients.
- Boil slowly for 30 minutes or more until the mixture reaches a slightly thick consistency, but you can stir it easily.
- It will thicken a little more when you let it cool.
- Garnish with toasted coconut or Rose Petal Preserve for added sweetness and Pitta pacification