Organic Rose Halva
This recipe looks complicated, but is actually very simple and fast.
- 2 handfuls golden raisins
- 2 handfuls organic cashews
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon Organic Rose Water
- 1 cup farina (Cream of Wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Melt a teaspoon of ghee in a small frying pan and brown the raisins and cashews on medium heat. Set aside.
- Boil 1½ cups of water and set aside. When cool, add 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- If the rose water is not Maharishi Ayurveda Rose Water, make sure it is food grade, without synthetic ingredients or alcohol added.
- In a large saucepan, mix the farina and ghee together and stir on medium heat until light brown spots appear. This usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom and stir. Add the water that was set aside and the raisin/cashew mix that was set aside and stir.
- It's important to keep stirring over medium heat to avoid lumpiness. Stir until the mixture becomes solid, usually about one minute.
- Pour the mixture in a buttered 8-inch square cake pan, pressing it flat. After it cools, cut it into squares or diamonds and serve.