Ginger Pear Crisp
Healthy Beginnings Start Here
by vpk® by Maharishi Ayurveda Experts and Staff Writers
- 3 pears, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over pears
- 4 Tbsp. ginger preserve
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ghee or butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the first 3 ingredients and bring to a low simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and fold in room-temperature ghee or butter in order to create a crumb-like texture when stirred together well.
- Separate the mixture into two equal portions. Press half of the mixture into a 5 x 9-inch baking pan which is approximately 4 inches deep. Make a smooth crust-like layer covering the entire bottom.
- Remove the pear mixture from the stove and pour over the first layer of crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the fruit layer and bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven at 350 °F for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a rack until the mixture has settled solidly into the pan.