by Mosarene Scalzer
- 1 cup organic white unbleached flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 5-6 apples or pears, peeled and sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- To prepare the crust, combine the flour, ½ cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and butter in a bowl and mix lightly. Set aside.
- To prepare the fruit filling, mix fruit, ½ cup of sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13" baking dish.
- Pour fruit mixture into the dish and cover with flour mixture.
- Bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes. Let cool, cut into squares and place on serving dishes.
- Decorate with a strawberry and mint leaf for a delicious and festive holiday dessert.