- 1 cup chapati flour
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup and 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Ghee for frying
- Mix ghee and flour with your fingers. Stir in salt, seeds and baking powder.
- Add ghee and knead dough until smooth and even.
- Divide dough into four balls. Roll out one ball to a 5-inch circle.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add one teaspoon ghee and fry bread on both sides until light brown.
- Press it down with a skillet to make it puff up.
- Repeat with the rest of the balls.
- Serve warm. Great with soup, dahl or salad.