Vegetarian Cooking for Lifelong Health the Ayurveda Way
from Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
Yields 14 - 16 muffins
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raw or packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup melted ghee, butter, or oil
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Prepare 14 - 16 muffin cups.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the buttermilk, water, and oil and add the dry ingredients. Add the berries. Beat until just barely mixed, about 15 strokes.
- Pour into the muffin cups. Bake until nicely browned, about 20 minutes.