Summer Mint Drink Syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup of tightly-compacted fresh mint leaves (without the stems)
- Pour ½ cup boiling water over sugar in a small bowl; stir till it dissolves.
- Stir in Cover and chill for a minimum of four hours. Strain mixture through a sieve.
- Discard leaves. Store syrup for up to three days.
- To use the syrup for a water-based drink, place one tablespoon of mint syrup in about one cup of room-temperature water and stir.
- For a milk-based drink, you can also add 1-2 tablespoons of half-and-half cream to the water and syrup for variation.