Pancha-Amrita — The 5 Nectars
by the Raj Vaidyas and Chef Domnick, at The Raj Ayurvedic Resort and Spa
Yields one cup
This recipe is said to rapidly increase ojas in the pulse and is very nourishing and strengthening to all the tissues. It is best recommended in the morning.
Please note that normally in ayurveda, ghee and honey are not advised to be mixed in equal portions, but this very special recipe is a rare exception to this rule. Similarly with milk and yogurt; again, this recipe alone is the exception to this rule and one can drink it with confidence knowing that only bliss and well-being will result.
- Cup of organic whole milk, or 2% milk
- 1 tsp. organic ghee
- 1 tsp. organic honey
- 1 tsp. fresh organic yogurt
- 1 tsp. organic brown sugar
- Slowly bring the milk to a boil for a moment and lower the heat. This makes the milk more digestible.
- Make sure you watch it so it doesn't boil over. Let the milk cool to lukewarm.
- Once the milk has cooled down a bit, mix in and blend the other ingredients.