Miriam's Mint Lassi
by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup loosely-packed fresh mint leaves
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Toast the cumin in a small skillet over a low heat, stirring, until fragrant and slightly darkened.
- This will take about 20-30 seconds. Remove from the heat immediately and place in a blender.
- Add the yogurt, water, salt, mint and a grinding of black pepper.
- Blend at high speed until the mint is well blended in.