Barley Water Digestive Tonic
This water mixture is for someone who has low agni (digestion). It is very easy to assimilate and nurturing for fat tissue, which in turn makes good-quality bone tissue.
- 2 Tbsp. cracked barley or barley flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 cups water
- Combine above ingredients and cook for about 15 minutes so that it is somewhat overcooked.
- Use a filter or strainer to obtain barley water.
- If you use cracked barley instead of barley flour, you will need to place the mixture in a blender for a few minutes prior to straining.
- For Vata body type: add ⅛ tsp. whole cumin to barley mixture while cooking.
- For Pitta body type: add ⅛ tsp. fennel to barley mixture while cooking.
- For Kapha body type: add 2 thin slices fresh ginger to barley mixture while cooking.