Ginger Cannellini Bruschetta
This is a great quick recipe for an appetizer to a larger meal. It is substantial and piquant. Serve at a group gathering along with crudités and your other favorite hors d'oeuvres.
Makes approximately 16
- 4 Tbsp. garlic ghee
- 2 tomatoes
- Approx. 2 cups (16 oz.) small white beans (cannellini), soaked and cooked until tender
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. ginger preserve
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 very fresh baguette, cut lengthwise and in 3-inch slices (approximately 16 slices)
- Quarter tomatoes and slice into ¼-inch pieces and place in medium bowl.
- Add the white beans, olive oil, vinegar, dill, ginger preserve, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Melt some garlic ghee and brush on baguette slices.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, divide bean mixture liberally among toasted bread slices. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Dennis Boatright