Try these gift ideas for the coming holiday season:
Filled with health and goodness, your presents are bound to be just perfect!
1. Scents of Well-being: Aroma is therapy! Buy your friends some joy — serenade their senses with the serenity of essential oils: and what a garden you have to select from! Geranium Rose, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Peppermint, Thyme, Lavender, Marjoram, Jasmine... how about an Herbal Neck-Wrap, filled with therapeutic herbs, and oh-so-cosy, cottony and contoured for comfort... a Silk Eye-Pillow maybe? Or an Aroma Locket, elegant in silver or gold tone, with the Vata Aroma blend, perfect for the season? Or a set of all-natural Aroma Candles?
2. The Cup that Cheers: "Let your cup of joy overflow!" says your greeting card. Well, make it happen! Gift your friends a Copper Cup. All they have to do is fill it with water and leave it overnight. The copper-enriched water they drink the next morning will boost their digestion, improve their assimilation, reduce acidity and make them thank you for that wonderful sense of wellness.
3. Energy Uppers: Is your colleague looking down in the mouth? Noticed a recent slump in your pal's exercise routine? Perk them up with some bottled energy. Ayurveda offers some excellent herbal blends that re-ignite the digestive fires and send the body engine revving. Formulated more than 5000 years ago, these blends are truly ageless. Choose from Vital Man or Vital Lady.
4. For the Thought Gourmet: What better than a book! More than anything else, perhaps, this is a gift that can turn a life around. Choose from among some truly sensitive works, written with a sincerity that awakens the body's natural intelligence, stimulates the mind and soothes the spirit. Our favorites? Heaven's Banquet by Miriam Hospodar and Freedom from Disease by Dr. Hari Sharma.
5. Tranquilitea! Be the one to introduce your friends to the allure of herbal tea. Blended with supreme care, Ayurvedic teas zap fatigue, relax the mind and calm the senses. Bonus: they're delicious, too! Choose from the Ayurvedic favorites — Vata, Pitta or Kapha, or offer Worry Free or Slumber Time for soothing herbal comfort. And if it's a coffee-junkie you want to please, do it the right royal way, with the Raja's Cup. This luscious blend has actually been researched; it's now official that the Raja's Cup scavenges free-radicals, those villainous electrons inside us! Grainless and caffeine-free, this is truly a cup of joy!
6. Bowl them Over: with an elegant Aroma Diffuser. Pick from an elegant selection of lamps that not only release the healing aromas, but also look wonderful sitting by your pal's bedside. Wood, crystal, electric or clay: the choice is yours. Looking for a gift of true, lasting friendship? Lock it in the bonds of a glittering glass Aroma Locket! Just a few drops of fragrant oil inside the little glass bowl, and your friend carries your love close to her heart—quite literally so!
7. Cosmetics that Care: Nothing in the world quite compares to the joy of a luxurious, sybaritic bath. This holiday season, make your friends rediscover that joy. Gift them just the right gifts that seduce and soothe...an herbal Body Lotion, Aromatherapy Herbal Soap, Herbal Conditioner and Shampoo — chemical free and skin-friendly. Ayurveda believes that the body absorbs the substances that touch the skin, including water. That is why vaidyas take care to make their products absolutely non-toxic and very beneficial.
8. Spice up their Lives: One thing is for sure. Those Ayurvedic vaidyas are masters of flavor. You just have to taste their savory blends to know what we're talking about. Ever tried a Churna on the tip of your tongue? Pungent and cool, it's a perfect taste-buddy! And what do you know? These nice, spicy mixes have tremendous healing properties, too. But if you really want to pamper their palates, give them the gift of ghee. Heart-healthy, salt-free, lactose-free, and dripping with flavor, ghee. is perhaps the heavenliest gift on earth!
9. Massage Oils: When in doubt, pick up some bottled bliss. Sense-gratifying and soul-pleasing, a massage oil is a fail-safe gift. The good news is, there are some truly fabulous blends out there — cellulite-busters, revitalizers, stress-sweepers, and circulation-boosters. When your friend feels the oil flow like silk over her skin, leaving it supple and soft, she'll be filled with gratitude for that hour of relaxation: and for you! Try the Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Men or Women; or one of the light, fragrant Aroma Massage Oils.
10. Bedtime Bliss: Ayurveda has studied sleep perhaps more deeply than any other system of healing. Sound sleep, it believes, is one of the pillars of perfect health. Centuries of relentless research have yielded Ayurvedic sleep-well formulas that ease the nerves and disconnect the mind from stress. Natural and non-habit-forming, these potions could be one of the best ways to say Goodnight and I love you! Make up a gift-basket with the Blissful Sleep herbal tablets, the Slumber Time Tea, a bottle of Youthful Skin Massage Oil and a Slumber Time Aroma Candle, and give the gift of blissful sleep!
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.