Flu Season — Preparation through Purification
Resistance to viruses is natural when your body is prepared. The herbs in Cold Weather Defense offer nutritional support to help strengthen the body's natural defenses. The herbs are combined in precise proportions to both balance and purify. They are also harvested and prepared in the traditional ayurvedic way, according to the recommendations of the ayurvedic texts. This not only improves the bioavailability of vital nutrients, but guarantees the full range of benefits to both mind and body. This formulation ensures support to both the physiology and consciousness.
The importance of this dual supporting role of the herbs is critical. By nourishing consciousness, a powerful positive feedback loop is created. The balancing effect of the herbs on the body is amplified significantly, because the balance created in consciousness directly supports the balance in the body. It also creates an herbal synergy — where the collective benefit of the herbs is much greater than that of individual herbs working on isolated physical parts only.
The herbs in Cold Weather Defense improve these ayurvedic factors:
- Fluid balance and mucus in the lungs and sinuses (Kapha)
- Toxins in the lungs from the interaction of ama and phlegm production (shleshma)
- Elimination of improperly digested impurities that block the flow of nutrients in the microcirculatory channels (shrotas)
The formula includes:
- Indian Elecampane, the primary ingredient, which supports digestion and lung health. It is a potent relative of the Elecampane plant.
- Licorice and Hyssop, helping to regulate mucus and moisture
- Long Pepper, Black Pepper and Chinese Pistachio, helping to improve nutrient circulation
- Holy Basil — a legendary ayurvedic herb that research shows supports healthy immune function
These traditional herbs:
- Boost well-being and comfort
- Support balanced moisture and mucus levels in the lungs and sinuses
- Aid digestion
- Decrease digestive production of toxic food residues
- Remove ama or toxins that can weaken resistance
- Improve the body's defense mechanisms by nourishing both mind and body at once.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.