Ask the Ayurvedic Expert: Energy
I work as a nuclear medicine technician, and get a lot of radiation exposure, poor air quality, no windows, and I am experiencing chronic fatigue, aching joints and other problems. What can Maharishi Ayurveda do for me?
If you cannot change your job, or the building you work in, you can work towards removing some of the toxins. The quality of the air in your workplace may be as much of a problem as any radiation you may be getting exposed to. Here are a number of self-care tips that should make a significant improvement to your level of well-being:
Diet and lifestyle tips:
- Walk in fresh air early every morning for 20-30 minutes.
- Drink lots of pure water, at least 2-4 quarts daily, not ice cold or too hot.
- Take the Elim-Tox or Elim-Tox-O formula to help gently detoxify your whole system.
- Eat lots of sweet juicy fruits, which are excellent for cleansing and repairing the body. Summer fruits nourish Rasa dhatu (the plasma) that is the raw material for all the other types of body tissue.
- A daily abhyanga or warm-oil, full-body massage before your morning bath or shower will aid purification and circulation.
- Go to bed by 10 p.m. every night. Adding poppy seed chutney to your diet will help. Lightly massage your hands and feet and lower arms and legs with Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Men or Women before bed.
- Regular elimination (at least one bowel movement a day) is important to flush toxins out of the body.
- An air purifier in your home, especially when you sleep, and at work, should be helpful.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.