Monday - Friday
8am - 6pm
Shop by Health Goal: Heart Health System
Heart Health System
From the ayurvedic perspective, the heart is the seat of pranalife energywhich is maintained by a delicate balance of agni (the solar energy element) and soma (the lunar energy element). Excess mental and emotional stress wastes away soma in the heart. The heart is also the seat of ojas, the substance within us that maintains life and promotes bliss and longevity. To protect and nourish the physical heart and the emotional heart, it is essential to promote both soma and ojas. Heart health is governed also by three sub-doshas: Sadhaka Pitta (emotional balance), Avalambaka Kapha (stability, strength and sense of security) and Vyana Vata (blood flow and beat).
A holistic approach to heart health
The Heart Health System nourishes the physical heart and nurtures the emotional heart for a complete, balanced approach to cardiovascular health. It's a program that takes into account all the factors key to heart health, such as diet, lifestyle and daily routine. The Cardio Support herbal supplement contains potent ayurvedic herbs to nourish the physical and emotional aspects of the heart; cleanse the channels and keep them clear of ama (toxins); boost your ability to withstand stress and balance cholesterol in the body.
The Heart Health System Guidelines
- Take Cardio Support tablets to protect and nourish both the physical and emotional heart. This herbal supplement enhances natural resistance to stress and promotes better sleep. Cardio Support also balances cholesterol by purifying fat tissue.
- Maharishi Ayurveda herbal supplements Worry Free and Blissful Joy nourish the mind and emotions and contain herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha and Arjuna, all renowned for their positive influence on the mind and emotional heart.
- The Elim-Tox-O herbal supplement is formulated to gently cleanse the fat tissue (medha) of ama (toxins).
- Apply Rejuvenation Massage Oil for Women or Men to your hands and feet before bed. This non-greasy oil absorbs quickly, and helps you to enjoy a deeper, more relaxed sleep.
- Take Amrit® herbal supplements to help nourish your brain and heart and to enhance your endurance against stress on a long-term basis.*
- Follow the diet and lifestyle recommendations listed below for the Cardio Support System.
* In laboratory studies Amrit Kalash significantly reduced lipid peroxidation (linked to free radical damage) in the brain. Biochemical Archives, Vol. 12, pp. 181-186, 1996.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Include mature pomegranate fruit or juice in your daily diet.
- Organic Rose Petal Spread is particularly beneficial for Vata or Pitta related heart imbalances.
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables cooked with spices and drink lassi at lunch.
- Eat moderately -- the ideal ayurvedic portion is what fits in your two cupped palms.
- Stimulate a sluggish digestion with fresh ginger and lime or a spoonful of Ginger Preserve.
- Eat foods that create more ojas, including milk, Ghee, whole grains, fresh organic vegetables and sweet juicy fruits.
- Avoid stressful situations until you can handle them without feeling strain.
- The Transcendental Meditation® program is highly effective for reducing stress and balancing the emotions.
- Exercise moderately but regularlydaily is preferable.
- Remember to practice easy, smooth deep breathing.
- Avoid violent and horror type films.
- If you have a stressful job, remember to take breaks during the day.
- Go to bed by 10 p.m. so the body is at rest during the natural purification period from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Do a daily warm oil massage (Abhyanga). It's calming and balancing for the mind and emotions.
- Practice "behavioral rasayanas" or behaviors such as respecting elders, cleanliness, and sweet, truthful speech.