Eyesight Ringing in Ears Vertigo
How can you improve eyesight? Is there anything to remove the development of cataracts?
E.N. from Washington
Eyesight deteriorates due to overuse, strain, lack of rest and a lack of nutrition such as the betacarotene contained in many vegetables and fruits.
Vision is governed primarily by Alochaka Pitta. To balance Alochaka Pitta, you have to balance the liver (Ranjaka Pitta) and emotions or sense of contentment (Sadhaka Pitta).
Another important influence is often overlooked. That's the neuro humors (Tarpaka kapha). They help maintain balance by cooling vision (Alochaka Pitta) and lubricating sensory perception (Prana Vata).
If Tarpaka Kapha is weak, it's due to a lack of lubrication. This disrupts the other two factors Alochaka Pitta and Prana Vata. The Tarpaka Kapha acts like the water and oil in your car. They keep the engine from overheating and drying out.
Diet and lifestyle tips
- Take Organic Premium Amla Berry herbal formulas.
- Eat lots of well-cooked green veggies and carrots.
- Add more sweet juicy fruits to your diet.
- Cook with turmeric, cumin, coriander and fenugreek.
- Follow a regular routine including early to bed and rise.
- Try these Ayurvedic eye exercises from the Charaka Samhita text:
Ayurvedic eye exercises
- Light touch: close your eyes and place your fingers over them. Now, gently caress the eyelids as you move the fingers across the lids in an outward direction. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes before getting out of bed in the morning.
- Eye rinse: with the eyes closed, gently rinse with water. The temperature of the water should be a bit lower than room temperature. At the same time you are rinsing your eyes, hold some of the water in your mouth. This helps maintain balance between the eyes (Alochaka Pitta) and the area surrounding the eyes (Kapha). The water in your mouth will quickly warm up. When it does, spit out and take a fresh mouthful. The optimum is to continue rinsing the eyes until you've taken 10 mouthfuls of water. It takes less than 10 minutes. You can do it daily.
Please note: This ayurvedic information is education. It does not replace medical advice or treatments.