Turmeric is one of the oldest, most important spices known to humankind. Turmeric is bitter, astringent and pungent in taste, and has a heating quality. Due to its heating quality, turmeric helps to balance Kapha and Vata doshas (mind-body types), and due to its bitter taste, it helps to balance the Pitta dosha, thus making it tri-doshic. Turmeric is also beneficial for helping with occasional congestion, soothing a hoarse voice or the occasional cough, and easing feelings of heaviness in the head due to a Kapha imbalance.
According to ayurveda, this herb:
- Is an antioxidant that balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas (mind-body types)
- Helps purify the blood and supports general well-being
- Supports a healthy stomach, digestive system, colon and liver
- Helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system
- Supports the health of the lungs, circulation and nervous system
All our herbs are grown and processed in a holistic and eco-friendly way without the use of toxic and harmful synthetic chemicals.
- Contains organic herbs in vegetarian capsules
- Can be used with other herbal supplements, vitamins, or natural products
- No side effects
- Cruelty free — not tested on animals
Explore our powerful, synergistic formulas containing Turmeric:
Bath & Body: